Sunday, February 7, 2010

2010 Super Bowl and the start of a new blog

Wow. The Saints won. I was hoping that would be the case since they beat my Vikings in the playoffs.

So... over a year ago, we bought our house. It was built in 1937. It has some fun quirks. And some very old windows. I love the 'wiggly' glass. My husband hates the air leaks. We've done some updates. The kitchen being number one. Originally it was ketchup and mustard with dark eggplant purple. Not cute. I'll share pics when I get them off the old computer. Anyway, we scraped off the old paint (because it came off very easily at the beginning) then repainted it to go with the super cute vintage dishes I bought (Blue Heaven, I totally stole the picture of a plate from Retro Life http://retrolife.typepad.com/my_wegblot/2006/03/blue_heaven_dis.htmlpepad.com/my_wegblot/2006/03/blue_heaven_dis.html)

I then found out that the Pantone color of the year for spring 2010 was the same turquoise blue we painted the kitchen. Seems that I make design decisions that then become very popular. Too bad I don't have a way share my ideas before everyone knows that they are popular. OH....that's right! Now I have a blog!....yeah. So, now that I share ideas noone else will publish them......this could be fun!

Anyway......S...L...O...W...L...Y....... we are making our house a home. I see so many wonderful blogs, with such wonderful, low-cost, fabulous designs, that make me feel confident that I can accomplish the goal of a home. Unfortunately, I've been unemployed for over a year, so our improvements need to be VERY budget friendly. Let's see how this goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment